GlomaP-ZTM - The Field Mapping System for LINUX
GlomaP-Z is "The Swiss Army Knife of Field and Desktop Mapping Systems" TM
|What is GlomaP-Z?|
GlomaP-Z is a very powerful, full featured field mapping system designed to run on Intel PC desktops and laptops running the LINUX operating system. It is a configurable software package that can be customized for many map-making tasks. Typical applications include creating a travel map for personal use, updating existing maps using satellite imagery or airphotos, using a database to store and retrieve information associated with a location on the map, e.g. latitutude/longitude, elevation, landmark, tourist site, etc. Because it can run on a portable laptop computer, the tasks mentioned above can all be accomplished in the field.
When used with a GPS receiver, GlomaP-Z can rectify satellite or aerial imagery in the field. You can also use the system for simple navigation purposes.
What can GlomaP-Z do for you?
- Display up to 128 images of any size simultaneously, each with up to 256 vector map layers;
- Determine your position in the field in real-time;
- Display the coordinates in a text window;
- Display the position on an image and/or a digital map that are displayed on your laptop computer;
- Record/retrieve information in a database in a tabular form or in a notepad file;
- Annotate your findings, measurements, etc. on the image and/or the digital map using drawings, bitmaps and text strings;
- Manipulate/edit/rectify the image and/or the digital map during the field work; and
- Identify spatial attributes (patterns, features etc.) on the image using the software and verify the processing result while you are still in the field thereby saving time and additional expenses.
- With the addition of GPZ customized, add-in software packages, GlomaP-Z can be connected to an imaging device for real-time processing of captured image data. When combined with wireless communications, GlomaP-Z can become a powerful tool in the hands of military, public safety and law enforcement personnel.